Down Royal Racecourse
COVID-19 SPECTATOR CODE OF CONDUCT
Friday 18th June and Saturday 19th June 2021
Down Royal Racecourse has made some significant changes to the customer experience to ensure the health and wellbeing of all our patrons and our staff members.
By ensuring strict adherence to government guidelines designed to safeguard the public health and safety and minimise the spread of Covid-19; we are confident that all guests visiting Down Royal Racecourse will feel safe, comfortable and confident as they navigate a new set of rules.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Down Royal Racecourse but wish to advise patrons of their obligations and your individual requirement to accept you have read and commit to comply with the Down Royal Racecourse Covid-19 Spectator Code of Conduct.
The race meetings will look very different to what our patrons enjoyed prior to the pandemic and therefore, we ask all attendees to be patient under the new operational format.
Please note that data will only be held in accordance with applicable law and will be removed after 21 days if you do not opt in to remain in contact with us.
- All ticket must be purchased in advance of the raceday; no ticket request can be accepted, and no tickets will be available to purchase on the race day itself. Tickets can’t be collected on the day and are non-transferable
- Bookings are only via our website and strictly limited to 6 tickets per person
- To comply with the NHS Track and Trace process; all attendees must provide contact details for everyone within their party at the point of entry. This is mandatory and therefore tickets will be issued on submission of the full details required. These are as follows:
First line of address & postcode
Mobile number and email address
- Should the meeting be cancelled a full refund will be available
- Should the race meeting have to be moved tickets will automatically be moved to the new date
- Children under 14 are free but will count towards your allocation of 6, do not book a ticket for them, once you have secured your ticket/s, you must contact the office if you wish to add a child as part of your group
- Members and box holders MUST have a valid digitised ticket and completed all as outlined above before admission will be granted.
Do not attend if you: –
- have any Covid-19 symptoms (fever, cough, loss or changed sense of smell)
- received a positive Covid-19 test result in the 14 days prior to event
- are required to self-isolate for travel or NHS contact and trace reasons
All patrons who book tickets shall adhere to the following:
- Carry out your own personal health assessment and make sure that you are fit and well to attend, please consider your own age, health status and clinical vulnerability.
- You are responsible for understanding and following the Government guidance currently in place at the time of the event regarding restrictions on attending, social distancing, gathering together in groups etc.
- Check your travel arrangements are in place to travel to and from the racecourse you are visiting, refer to the latest guidance from public transport providers. We encourage you to use personal transport, where possible. There is ample free parking upon arrival.
- Know where your racecourse entry point is and, if an entry time is on your ticket, arrive in good time to go through all entry checks (health, tickets, bag search, etc).
- Your temperature may be taken upon entry.
- Ensure you always maintain good hand hygiene, use the hand sanitiser dispensers provided around the venue and avoid touching your face or any unnecessary surfaces.
- You must always wear a face covering except when you are eating or drinking.
- Avoid hugs, handshakes and any contact with people not in your group
- Avoid face to face contact and when moving past other spectators, turn your back to pass others.
- Agree not to shout, sing or chant as this increases the transmission risk.
- Follow all signage and instructions of stewards, staff or officials always.
- Do not stand in circulation routes and make sure all corridors and doorways are clear to walk.
- Do not enter any area if there is insufficient space to socially distance.
- Do not try to access other areas of the racecourse that your ticket does not allow you entry to.
- Minimise the amount of time spent indoors.
- Observe respiratory etiquette – always cover your mouth if you need to cough or sneeze.
- When it is time to leave the racecourse, avoid busy exit times, maintain social distancing and take care.
- All payments for food and drink within the venue are contactless. For betting contactless is recommended. There will be no cash machines in operation at the site.
- It will be possible to place a bet with bookmakers and/or Tote on raceday; therefore, please adhere to the queueing systems and as above contactless payment is preferred.
- Down Royal will be selling food and drink for consumption. Alcohol can only be consumed once seated.
- Make sure other members of your group have read and understood these guidelines.
Please note that we will be operating a a zero-tolerance approach to any breaches of the above and any individual who is ejected from the Racecourse for breaching the COVID 19 Conditions may be unable to attend a ﬁxture at the Racecourse until further notice.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back and we hope you enjoy your day. We thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation!